Cellule d’Appui et de Réflexion Locale (CARL)
Territorial Think Tanks
Pays / Country
Nom de l’organisation (langue nationale)
Name of the Institution (national language)
ΚΕΝΤΡΟ ΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΚΗΣ ΣΤΗΡΙΞΗΣ Α.Μ.Ε.Α. (Κ.Κ.Σ.)
Nom de l’organisation (en anglais)
Name of the Institution (in english)
KILKIS CENTRE FOR SOCIAL SUPPORT OF DISABLED PEOPLE (K.K.S.)
Nombre de salariés dans l’organisation
Number of Employees / Volunteers
Mr. ANTONIOS NALBANTIS – PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Adresse de l’organisme
36, 21ST IOYNIOY Str. – 61100 – KILKIS (GR)
Téléphone : +30 2341029390,20733
Fax : +30 2341020733
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Internet / Website :
Domaine(s) de Compétences
Scope of Activities
1. Rising awareness of the local society towards disabled people.
2. Supporting disabled people’s families, so as to facilitate living conditions of disabled people within their own families.
3. Development of skills and abilities, as well as support of the disabled people themselves aiming at their social inclusion and the access to the labour market.
Brève présentation du champ d’intervention de l’organisation
Short presentation of the institution
K.K.S. is α Non Profit Urban Society, being a Legal Entity governed by Private Law. It was established by the Prefecture of Kilkis and the Association of Disabled Children’s Parents of Kilkis Prefecture, according to the Law 2072/90, in 1994 and became active in 1995.
It concerns to a “Spending All the Day, Creative Occupation Centre” for disabled people. It is the unique institution existing in the whole Prefecture that sustains individuals from 22 up to 40 years old. It gives host to people with mental retardation, Down syndrome, epilepsy, kinetic problems.
Courses – Departments
The activated courses are: Psychology, pottery, Painting, handicraft, Music, Cooking, Gardening, Self-care, Sports, as well as a Special Olympics department.
Moreover, last years, collaboration has been established with the Secondary Technical Professional Schools of the Prefecture, as well as with the Centre of Special Professional Education and Formation (E.E.E.E.K.) that hosts youngsters with special needs.
In the direction of the achievement of the aims of KKS the following are being implementing:
- Contacts, information and development of relationships with the disabled families.
- Contacts and collaboration with all social care bodies within the Prefecture.
- Contacts and collaboration with local enterprises, so as to attain financial support.
- Providing information and collaboration to the local media.
- Implementation of Employment Projects financed by EU.
- Implementation of European Projects which give the opportunity to cooperate with similar institutions from abroad, to exchange clerks and young disabled, in order to implement the project aims.
- Establishment and running of a volunteers’ activity.